[LMB] OT: verging on forbidden territory: political attitudes about science

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Tue Sep 13 04:54:00 BST 2011

--- On Mon, 9/12/11, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> What are they saying we should do after it happens?
>   Build dikes?   Move farms to Canada and Siberia?

Some of us are already in farms in Canada and Siberia. They have their own problems. You can't escape the world from any point on the planet.  It's all we've got.

>   Prepare for refugees from the tropics?

There is nowhere to 'run away' from the problems, although the people of the Maldive Islands (the lowest country on the planet) have a plan to acquire land in Australia if their nation is lost underwater.

No, the plan is to reduce carbon emissions, conserve resources, eliminate pollution, foster alternate energy sources and recycle.  There are long and complex solutions being debated, discussed and implemented.

I can't believe you aren't hearing about this all the time. I certainly am.

namaste,
Elizabeth