[LMB] OTish: A smartass response to an APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day)

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Sep 13 07:07:33 BST 2011

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110912.html shows a Martian table-sized rock with a coating of white on it.

Under the photo is a question:  Why does this Martian rock have so much zinc?

My response: to keep from getting sunburnt, of course. Why else would it have white goop smeared over it?

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
The perils of ambulatory reading. If you have never said “Excuse me” to a parking meter or bashed your shins on a fireplug, you are probably wasting too much valuable reading time.

Sherri Chasin Calvo (contemp.) American computer scientist                          (Attributed)