[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Sep 13 07:16:20 BST 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Greg Hennessy wrote:
>> Who said that the optimum global temperature was in 1850 and not during the
>> Roman or Medieval warm periods, both warmer than now?
>
> I don't agree that the Midieval warm period was warmer than now. If you want to
> say it was as warm as it was in 1900, I'd not argue, but that's a different
> point.

Please remember that (in at least the North Atlantic area) there was a minor Ice Age (so I've read) in the 16th C. Note how heavily everyone seems to be dressed, compared to the 14th & 15th, and then the 19th centuries.

As to the Roman warm period, how warm or cold were the lands north of the Alps at that time?

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
Wise children always choose a mother who was a shocking flirt in her maiden days, and so had several offers before she accepted their fortunate papa.

Sir James Barrie (1860-1937) Scottish novelist and dramatist
The Little White Bird, ch. 22 (1902)