[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Sep 13 07:22:59 BST 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 6:12 PM, JenL wrote:
> Does it MATTER whether I caused the problem?  Seems to me the only
> meaningful questions are "is this a problem" and "can we fix it".
> The answer to the second one is still out.  But it seems pretty clear
> there's a problem.

My husband is one of those rare people who seldom assigns blame and then expects the person who caused the problem to fix it. Blame doesn't solve the problem: working on a solution does, and to him, it doesn't matter who, but "what now?" is the MO.

Well, okay. He blames the Loma Prieta EQ of 1989 on me because I visited the USGS the day before, looking for fault maps. He claims they decided to show me, and flipped the Temblor Switch.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
CALVIN: Dad, where do babies come from?
DAD: Most people just go to Sears, buy the assembly kit, and read the instructions.
CALVIN: I CAME FROM SEARS?!?!
DAD: No, you were a Blue Light Special at Kmart. Almost as good, and a lot cheaper.
CALVIN: AAUUGHHH!
MOM: Dear, what are you telling him now?!

Bill Watterson (b. 1958) American cartoonist               Calvin & Hobbes