[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Sep 13 07:32:05 BST 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 9:56 PM, Paula Lieberman wrote:
> The eruption of Thera literally sank most of the civilization there, and wreaked havoc over what there was of civilization in the rest of the world.

It certainly set of a tsunami that smashed ships at port--most of the Minoan Crete fleet--allowing the Athenians (okay, Greeks from some city-state of which I am unsure) to invade, since their ships happened to be at sea and rode out the waves.

The eruption had to have had a cooling effect wherever the ash stayed in the air, effectively killing crops in the area covered. Not enough food is a great way to wreak havoc. French Revolution, anyone?

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
❦ I do not want art for a few any more than education for a few, or freedom for a few.  ❧ William Morris❦