[LMB] OT: Effects of "Global Warming"

phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 13 08:12:19 BST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 01:07:39AM -0300, Rachel wrote:
> > What do we do if we've prepared for global warming, but, as some
> > scientists believe, global warming causes a new Ice Age?
>
> Global Warming has always been a bit of a misnomer--many people I know
> prefer Global Climate Change.

Not that much of a misnomer.  The globe is getting warmer, as more heat
is being trapped.

Now, that doesn't mean every place will get warmer (if processes
keeping them much warmer get interrupted) or at all times, so I guess
there's been shift to "climate change" to deal with "why are we getting
more snow?" and "what's that about Europe maybe getting colder" plus any
other changes that might not be obviously about "getting warmer".

But at root, we're putting another blanket on the Earth, and it's
getting warmer.

-xx- Damien X-)