[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Tue Sep 13 08:28:21 BST 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 10:29:34PM -0600, William A Wenrich wrote:

> I am a layman in regards to climatology. I am not concerning
> mathematical models or the scientific method. Mathematical models that
> cannot predict the past (cannot return the data that was observed when
> fed the then occurring inputs) are not authoritative in predicting the
> future. When the model says that a significant increase in CO2 will
> result in a significant increase in temperature and that doesn't
> happen, there is something wrong with the model. All theories must be
> falsifiable. If not, you are talking faith and not science. The latest
> pronouncements are that if storms are bigger, it's global warming. Or
> if they are smaller. If it's hotter or cooler, or wetter or dryer, all
> global warming. Battling exerts is also not science.

Given your track record so far, I doubt any of your beliefs about the
accuracy of the models are accurate.

> Yes. CO2 is a greenhouse gas, a minor one compared to water vapor, and
> greenhouse gasses are needed to prevent snowball Earth. That doesn't
> begin to say that greenhouse gasses are the only controlling factor of
> the Earth's temperature. If they were, the first time we had a few
> extra volcanos, Earth would be like Venus.

Why do you say that?  You do know that the CO2 output of volcanoes is
insignificant compared to current human fossil fuel burning, don't you?
About 1%, in fact?

If you believe otherwise, then "stooge for evil", or stooge of denialist
disinformation and propaganda at least, would be in fact pretty accurate.

-xx- Damien X-)