[LMB] OT: Stewardship, one Christian perspective

mtraber251 mtraber251 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 13 10:25:46 BST 2011

On 9/12/2011 2:41 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:

> While that is true - our stewardship should be for current and future generations.
> --
I would like to point out that it is difficult to be a steward for
*past* generations, however that seems to be what many people seem to be
trying to do. [But we *always* did it *this* way] and when people try to
make a change for the positive, they run into past stewardism. I can not
find a delicate way to put it that people won't be insulted with, but it
seems to be the religious that are past stewards not present and future
stewards. Even something as simple as relationship formation becomes a
field of combat. And I will point out that this is worldwide, not just
USA centric. The only thing about a persons sexuality is whether or not
*I* am bedding them, otherwise I really do not care who they bed as long
as the bedee is of sound mind and legal age. The same goes for
husbanding the Earth. I want clean air, pure water, and a fecund ground.
I have a vested interest in my neighbor not dumping pollutants into the
air, water and land. If they want to tweak the genetics of plants or
animals, then I want to make sure that in the tweaking they are not
tweaking in such a manner that it affects the plants and animals
[insects are included as animals] that are not being tweaked in a
detrimental fashion. [I consider Monsanto as borderline screwing up. I
do wish they had a bit more oversight on them.]