[LMB] Effects of "Global Warming"

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Tue Sep 13 14:44:45 BST 2011

I read something failry recently which claimed that the minor Ice Age in the
6th century was due to human activity--the massive die-off of residents in
the Americas causing a changing in the climate, with trees growing up where
the residents had previously previously farmed, or done burnings that kept
land as grasslands full of migratory grass-eating herd animals.  Growth of
the trees and the reduction in fires for cooking, for warmth, and for
agriculture, pulled carbon out of the atmosphere and kept it out, and cooled
down the atmosphere.... the influx of humans from the eastern hemisphere and
the repopulation and population regrown in the Americas, exacerbated with
the industrial revolution, cut down forests to use as fuel to burn and for
agricultural purposes, and burned wood and then wood and coal, upping the
C02 and NOx content of the atmosphere, and heating it back up again, and
heating it up further.

Hmm, I wonder, how have the climates of Escobar, and Barrayar, and Sergyar,
been changed/changing??