[LMB] OT: Effects of "Global Warming"

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:47:38 BST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:10 AM, Greg Hennessy <greg.hennessy at cox.net>wrote:

>  A 1 - 2 meter rise in ocean levels will wipe us out?
>>

> A 2 meter rise in ocean levels may not wipe us out, but
> will redraw maps in Florida something fierce.
>

>  P.P.S.  Who's volunteering to tell the Chinese to stop
>>
> > building their three new coal-fired power plants a week?
>
> The Chinese government agrees that global warming is a problem.
> I can point out the current leadership in the White House thinks
> it is a problem, while the current leadership in the House does not,
> but that gets smack into forbidden USA politics.

Glenn Reynolds has a great line about this: "I’ll believe it’s a crisis when
the people who tell me it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis."
Usually accompanies an article about Al Gore's 8 houses, the IPCC jetting
(in many jets) off to places like Bali, or other "carbon footprint"
hypocrisy.

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com