[LMB] OT: Effects of "Global Warming"

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:51:52 BST 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Greg Hennessy <greg.hennessy at cox.net>wrote:

> > Glenn Reynolds has a great line about this: "I’ll believe it’s a crisis
> when
> > the people who tell me it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis."
> > Usually accompanies an article about Al Gore's 8 houses,
>
> Sounds more like an excuse to not do anything while snarking at people
> you don't like.

Why should you believe the elites who are telling you to live like a pauper
- or inconveniently - when they won't do it themselves? And are in fact
extravagantly wasteful when doing so?

> Does the article about Gore's house list the improvements he has added
> to lower his carbon footprint?
>
> Has he improved the Montecito place too? The original article was prior to
any improvements that were made to the Nashville house - and what do you
want to bet that the publicity about his Nashville house was what got him to
make those improvements?

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com