[LMB] Titles

Harimad harimad2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 20:15:56 BST 2011

PG> On Wed, 8/3/11, Peter Granzeau wrote:
PG> For instance, until King Henry VII in England the king
PG> was "Your Grace".

"Your Grace" is a Duke.  Which makes me wonder, at what point did those guys put being King of England before being Duke of Normandy?

FYI the English crown retains a bit of Normandy: while John Lackland lost most of Normandy in 1204, the islands of Guernsey and Jersey stayed in English hands.  As a result the monarch of England is, in regards to these islands, the Duke of Normandy as well.  I guess that's where the "your Grace" comes from.

- Harimad
endlessly fascinated by permutations