[LMB] OT: Effects of "Global Warming"

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Sep 14 03:29:18 BST 2011

On Sep 13, 2011, at 6:36 PM, Meg Justus wrote:
>> Hetch Hetchee.
>> A. Marina Fournier
>
> Actually, it's Hetch Hetchy <g>.

My bad. I expect if I were a San Franciscan, I'd know that, as that's where the city gets its water supply.

Just remember Georgia's last name is O'Keeffe, not O'Keefe.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.--James D. Nicoll, 1990, in the Usenet group rec.arts.sf-lovers