[LMB] Tooth Fairy etc was: All Discussions re Religion vs. Atheism

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Sep 14 03:54:42 BST 2011

On Sep 12, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:
> On Sep 12, 2011, at 5:54 PM, James M. BRYANT G4CLF wrote:
>
>> My son, when about five, applied Occam's razor
>> and confided to me that he didn't really believe
>> in the Tooth Fairy as he considered it much more
>> likely that Santa did it, having nothing else to
>> do when it wasn't Christmas.
>
> My son claims to believe in the Tooth Fairy, even as he his sons are past the age of losing teeth.    He says there is no downside in believing (and getting the money), and there is a downside in not believing.

Arthur figured out the Tooth Fairy first, the Easter/Ostara Bunny second, but held on to Santa Claus for a few years more. He was old enough when he asked me directly about SC, and I'm not sure what I said, other than, don't spoil it for younger kids.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
It is high time that we stopped thinking politically as Republicans and Democrats about elections and started thinking patriotically as Americans about national security based on individual freedom. It is high time that we all stopped being tools and victims of totalitarian techniques — techniques that, if continued here unchecked, will surely end what we have come to cherish as the American Way of Life.

Margaret Chase Smith (1897-1965) American politician (US Senator, Maine)
“Declaration of Conscience,” Congressional Record, vol. 96, 81st Congress, 2d. sess. (1 Jun 1950)