[LMB] OT: Effects of "Global Warming"

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 04:46:56 BST 2011

> In any case, complaining about Al Gore IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN to list
> policies.
>
>> and what do you
>> want to bet that the publicity about his Nashville house was what got him to
>> make those improvements?
>
> I'll bet it was not relavent. He added the same sort of system that he
> had added to the Vice Presidents Residence at USNO. I know the lead
> time for that was over a year between signing of the contract and
> delivery of the system.

Point of information, not to be political.  I drive past the Gore residence frequently.  Nashville has a county-wide metro government that has incorporated several previously independent small towns that retain some self-government.  The Gore's house is in one, Belle Meade, that is fairly restrictive zoning and housing requirements (it is also one of the most affluent zip codes in the US).  My understanding is that Gore had to go through the Belle Meade city council and zoning board to get permission to install solar panels on his roof, and whatever else he did.  Add that to the time getting the system set up.

Janet in Nashville, TN

PS.  The house is white.