[LMB] Bringing it back to LMB [Was:OT: verging on

Stacey Hill stacey at xtra.co.nz
Wed Sep 14 23:41:52 BST 2011

________________________________
From: Mitch Miller <mitchmiller at entertainmenttax.com>
To: "lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk" <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Sent: Thursday, 15 September 2011 9:28 AM
Subject: [LMB]  Bringing it back to LMB [Was:OT: verging on

I asked some questions about atheism, about which I know little and wished to know more, and I got some answers, so I am well satisfied.   I have no interest in getting into comparing religions, which is as bootless a discussion as I can imagine.

And, as I've posted before, people on this list get offended way too easily.   If somebody asks me a question, I try to answer it.  If they're just trying to get a rise out of me, that will be obvious soon enough.  If not, they deserve an answer, even, maybe especially, if their question arises out of ignorance.

Mitch Miller

Despite the provocation I didnt partake in this discussion but I am going to reply here.  People got offended at your questions because of the way they sounded.  Your tone was dismissive and entitled.  Your questions were phrased from the "HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY THINK LIKE THIS.  I dont think like this therefore if you do its wrong or strange or too different to comprehend" standpoint and that was very clear in the way you worded your questions.

And that, quite simply is why you offended people.  You got on your high horse and poked people with sticks and got their appropriate responses.  And even in THIS reply you are still judging people for their views and responses.  You really need to get over yourself.  It actually is OK for the rest of the world to think and believe in things that you don't.  End of story.

Stacey