[LMB] OT: The bodily fluids of a blonde barista

Claire Nollet cnollet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 03:21:16 BST 2011

Dear All -- I went to Spot Coffee (a chain here and in Canada) tonight for
the first meeting of a new Buffalo knitters' meetup.  I had a great time,
but was a little dismayed by the blond barista who made my hot chocolate.
Here's what I shared with Spot Coffee:

"I don't want to get anyone into trouble, but a refresher course to your
folks making drinks: Licking 4 fingers on your right hand and 3 on your left
while making someone's hot chocolate, then not washing your hands when you
go to make the next customer's beverage is very ... offputting.  When I
worked in food service, lo these many years ago, we were strongly
discouraged from smearing our bodily fluids on the appendages that touched
the customers' food.  Other than that, I had a very nice time tonight at the
Elmwood Avenue location in Buffalo."