[LMB] OT: The bodily fluids of a blonde barista

Claire Nollet cnollet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 05:37:48 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 12:19 AM, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com>wrote:

> >You were too polite, too shocked, to say anything to the barista, or to
> have asked for the shift manager, at the time <snip> I'm sorry you had that
> experience. I wonder what the management/owners will do in recompense to
> you, and in reiterating food safety rules to the staff.

Well, I watched her carefully, and her fingers never actually went into the
metal container where the hot milk mixed with the chocolate, and she touched
the *outside* of the paper cup from which I drank.

I was a little too stunned to shout, "Oy, there!  Don't get your spit on my
drink!"
I did go to the cashier girl immediately, who had put my order in for me,
told her that her colleague was washing her fingers with her tongue like a
cat, and told her she needed to go to her colleague NOW and tell her to wash
her hands before she touched anyone else's food.
Honestly -- I know chocolate syrup is tasty, but use a wet towel to wipe
your hands at the very least. LICKING YOUR FINGERS??? REALLY???  Were you
raised in a barn?

When I worked in restaurants, we were told to wash our hands if we went to
the bathroom, wiped our nose, or touched our face, or sneezed, or brought
our hands to our mouths (like when we ate something).
I'm hoping to get a fat juicy coupon out of the deal.  I don't want to get
Typhoid Mary fired, but I do want her to start washing her damned hands.
With soap and water, not her tongue.