[LMB] OT: The bodily fluids of a blonde barista

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Sep 15 07:31:22 BST 2011

On Sep 14, 2011, at 9:37 PM, Claire Nollet wrote:
> Well, I watched her carefully, and her fingers never actually went into the
> metal container where the hot milk mixed with the chocolate, and she touched
> the *outside* of the paper cup from which I drank.

>From which you could have received her germies.

> I did go to the cashier girl immediately, who had put my order in for me,
> told her that her colleague was washing her fingers with her tongue like a
> cat, and told her she needed to go to her colleague NOW and tell her to wash
> her hands before she touched anyone else's food.

Reasonable.

> Honestly -- I know chocolate syrup is tasty, but use a wet towel to wipe
> your hands at the very least. LICKING YOUR FINGERS??? REALLY???  Were you
> raised in a barn?

or a cattery?

> When I worked in restaurants, we were told to wash our hands if we went to
> the bathroom, wiped our nose, or touched our face, or sneezed, or brought
> our hands to our mouths (like when we ate something).

Those are the posted rules around here, too.

> I'm hoping to get a fat juicy coupon out of the deal.

Good!

>  I don't want to get
> Typhoid Mary fired, but I do want her to start washing her damned hands.
> With soap and water, not her tongue.

Exactly!

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
The religious persecution of the ages has been done under what was claimed to be the command of God. I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice that it always coincides with their own desires.

Susan B. Anthony (1820-1906) American reformer
Address to National American Woman Suffrage Association, Washington (23-28 Jan 1896)