[LMB] Child of the library

Dusty Jackson dustyjackson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:12:01 BST 2011

>>On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 09:37:06PM +0200, Dusty Jackson wrote:

>> I work in a library in a run-down but not-quite-slum suburb, with a lot
of
>> latch-key kids who really have nowhere else to go in the afternoons.

>Sadly, the creepy homeless dudes also have nowhere else to go.
>-xx- Damien X-)
Who said they were homeless?  Creepy =/= homeless.  We have homeless
dudes.   We even have a local schizophrenic dude who roots around in rubbish
bins and talks to himself, on the days when he's not quietly reading Douglas
Adams - in the adult reading room.  (I wonder about that
combination...)  Homeless people are also members of the public.

The creepy dudes I'm talking about are well-dressed well-educated dudes who
insist that the only place for a lone man in his mid-fifties is the place
where the children aged under twelve spend time.  *Not* homeless, and
not welcome.