[LMB] Listbiz - US Politics - was Re: OT: Effects of "Global Warming"

JenL jenl1625 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 23:39:02 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Greg Hennessy <greg.hennessy at cox.net>wrote:

> > Folks, if you can't say anything about it because it's US politics,
> > then *DON'T*.  And especially don't say it, and then call attention
> > to the fact that you *KNOW* you're breaking the rules while you're
> > doing it.
>
> You seem to be saying that when Person A starts going into politics,
> and Person B says "I can't continue this discussion because it goes
> into list politics due to reason X" that Person B has committed an
> offense against list rules.
>
> Am I understanding you correctly?

I took it to be closer to "I can't continue this discussion because it goes
into [banned subject], but the short version is [3 sentences of discussion
of the topic the person *just said* is banned]."

Akin to a "Pizza!  But I would like to add one last thing...."

jen

--
*

If it moves but shouldn't, use duct tape.

If it should move but doesn't, use WD40.
*