[LMB] Ezar - - the hand he was dealt

phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Sep 16 03:17:33 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 03:54:33PM -0700, Tel wrote:

> >Later, he
> > could have let Aral be Regent as he saw fit for Barrayar, rather than
> > extracting an oath to pass full power on to Gregor, unencumbered by
> > constitutionalism.
> >
> Mmm, of course. But Aral's natural inclinations aren't constitutional
> anyway, so I'm not sure that changed much.

Natural a la a Betan, maybe not.  But this is the man who joked about
making everyone Vor, and less jokingly is really into the concept of
illegal orders.  Constitutionalism is just "there are illegal orders"
all the way up. :)  At least the bill of rights side of constitutions,
and I don't think you can enforce those without some degree of
constitutional procedure as well.

-xx- Damien X-)