[LMB] Wide Green World tidbit

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Fri Sep 16 13:34:56 BST 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Aruvqan Myers wrote:

> I was just watching Return To Oz on cable just now, and I noticed that
> 'Dorothy' did the little Fawn knee bob to people =) Very cute!
>
> It was particularly funny because I am also just finishing a reread of the
> WGW series =)

I knew the knee bob was familiar from somewhere!  I'm quite fond of Return to Oz.  I was struck the first time I saw it with how much Fairuza Balk looks like a much younger Judy Garland.  It sticks much closer to the details in Baum's texts than the musical does (and the newer technology doesn't hurt).

Katherine