[LMB] Ezar - - the hand he was dealt

phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Sat Sep 17 18:51:48 BST 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:53:01AM -0400, Greg Hennessy wrote:

> >Note that impressive logical leap at the end, where Aral determines
> >that the -real- problem is that the less Vorish parts of government
> >have accumulated too much power at the expense of the poor eviscerated
> >hereditary aristocrats? ;)
>
> No, I noticed he complained that a portion of the power structure was
> corrupt.

"but it swung too far. The Counts are eviscerated and
   the Ministries are corrupt. There must be some way
   to strike a balance."

He's complaining about the corruption, but *also* about the Counts
losing power, and thinking about "balance" between the 60 hereditary
Vor nobles and the appointed mostly-prole Ministers.

> I again ask, since your reply did not answer my question, what
> Ezar era restriaints on the power of the Counts did he remove?

I think the answer is that Lois doesn't go into enough detail for us to
know, but Tel's made a clear case that Aral thought the Counts had been
excessively restrained somehow.

-xx- Damien X-)