[LMB] OT: Ian McDonald, was Hugo nominees

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Sun Sep 18 14:40:53 BST 2011

Moldy oldy thread comment....

It's much more the writing style than necessarily the  content which effects
my lack of appreciation.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of satire, when it gets to levels such as are in
Laumer's Retief series and stays there, the target audience does not include
me.

Meanwhile, I'm impatiently looking forward to Echoes of Betrayal, I think
the title is, from Elizabeth Moon which will be out first quarter next year,
and Korval Ship by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller which is in progress I think
as regards writing, and the sequel to Balance of Trade, which is also in
progress, and whatever the next book by Mark del Franco might be....