[LMB] Ezar - - ministers

Tel teldreaming at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 19:41:11 BST 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 6:49 AM,  <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 12:23:18AM -0700, Tel wrote:
>
>> I'll add they seem to have -extremely- long tenures in office.
>
>> The Barrayaran government in general seems pretty close to static in
>> composition. Post-Aral, Gregor, seems willing to defer to whatever
>> candidate for PM they collectively come up with... but it is worth
>
> Textev?

There's stuff about parties scrambling to replace Aral in Mirror
Dance. As for tenure... the guy Aral was planning to replace himself
with a couple of years before Mirror Dance was Quintillan, who
twenty-six years before was not only one of -Ezar's-, but senior
enough for Aral to suggest him as Regent. Vortala was also around for
a while as PM, though he seems to have been new to the role
post-Escobar... I would not be shocked if he and Aral traded off
directly, though there's no direct evidence. The Minister for Heavy
Industries hung around for at least 7-8 years. Also, there seems to
have been an anticipated-in-advance vacancy at the Ministry of War
pre-Escobar, with both Vorrutyer and post-Escobar Vorkosigan possible
candidates to fill it.

-Tel