[LMB] 2014 Nasfic

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Mon Sep 19 05:15:35 BST 2011

> So down here in the Southern Hemisphere, where I'm sitting in 29.6 degree
> heat (aprox 84 F), a day or so before Spring Equinox, and a little before
> Midday, might be a touch too warm for you in Summer?
>
> Iestyn

Yeah, pretty much.  You have to understand -- I live in a place where the
mid 70s is about as warm as it gets except for maybe two or three weeks'
worth of days scattered through the summer, and where we can go whole
summers without hitting 90 (we get a couple of days at 90 about every other
year or so as a general rule).

I used to live in the Midwest (Ohio and Indiana), and when I first moved
here to near Seattle (I'd say Washington but most people outside of the
state assume I mean the federal capitol) I was always amazed at how people
groused when it got up to 80 degrees.  Now, eighteen years later, I do
exactly the same thing <g>.

Megaera
who loves this climate about ten months out of the year -- not so fond of
the gray, gloomy, and wet between about the end of November and the middle
of February, though