[LMB] 2014 NASFIC and weather

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Mon Sep 19 18:02:05 BST 2011

Saved in WORD as "Weather Wisdom from Central CA." Albuquerque actually has two hot seasons: hot and arid (May-June, half of July) and hot and damp (late July, early August) until the monsoon season sets in for good (temps vary from 90 to 55 in one week, depending.)

I'm 72 and trying to remember what it was like not to have a/c. I know we didn't have any in Indianapolis when I was a girl, and San Francisco never needed any. So probably my introduction to it was New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, NM. People made bets on which would come first at White Sands: permission to wear summer uniforms, or the first triple-digit high temperature day. First introduction to a desert environment, early 1960s.

Anyway,thanks.

Pat

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/