[LMB] 2014 NASFIC and weather

Kevin Kennedy kevink45 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:41:51 BST 2011

I'm 54 and I grew up in Indianapolis without a/c too. I think by the time I was noticing such things, having a/c installed in older houses was dependent on income level + a dose of what one wanted to spend money on. The house my parents bought in an upscale neighborhood(Meridian-Kessler) didn't get a/c til almost 1980. But it's brick, had 2 HUGE oak trees on the west for afternoon shade, and a whole house fan. As long as the nighttime temp was cooler than the day, that fan helped keep the house cool  most of the summer. August and early September were still a pain.