[LMB] OT: 2014 Nasfic

Robert Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com
Tue Sep 20 05:45:52 BST 2011

Hurricanes that reached New England and dumped a lot of rain have occurred in the past. They haven't been common, but see <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1938_New_England_hurricane#Background>. Hurricane Irene's storm path resembles that of the 1938 hurricane. BTW, Hurricane Hazel in 1954 went further west and stalled over Toronto, where it dumped close to 8" of rain on already saturated soil.

Robert A. Woodward - robertaw at drizzle.com