[LMB] More attitudes to women in society

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Tue Sep 20 10:42:16 BST 2011

On Sep 19, 2011, at 11:37 AM, Harimad wrote:
> Far better if they market them as for smaller hands, or different colors to differentiate, or bright colors for visibility, etc.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

> Now if only it were easy to get power saws for the left-handed!  The industry standard ones are downright hazardous for me to use.  Either I'm ineptly using my right hand or I'm a whisker away from chopping off a body part.

I can't use LH scissors because my brain had already absorbed the idea of where and how to sight down the blades long before I ever saw, much less attempted to use any. With a tool I've never used before, this shouldn't be a problem. I hope.

In our situation, Harimad, it's a lack of safety consideration of non-righties by the mfrs that keeps you (or me) finding power tools for lefties.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel.   Maya Angelou (b. 1928) American poet