[LMB] (on topic comments) Climate adapting, was 2014 Nasfic

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Tue Sep 20 13:48:02 BST 2011

Irene broke the rainfall records in Vermont.  It didn't break them in the
coastal northeast areas, but rather, inland....

Seawalls and the sorts of things that Lois postulated for London when Miles
visited it don't help any as regards dealing with monsoon-level rain in
places where the local adaptations aren;t for monsoons.   Miles didn't visit
Vermont or Toronto, to see how they might change regarding climate and such
to Miles's time....