[LMB] Ezar - - ministers

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Tue Sep 20 17:57:22 BST 2011

At 10:47 AM 9/20/2011, Harimad wrote:
>T> On Sun, 9/18/11, Tel <teldreaming at gmail.com> wrote:
>T> The Barrayaran government in general seems pretty close
>T> to static in composition. Post-Aral, Gregor, seems willing
>T> to defer to whatever candidate for PM they collectively
>T> come up with.
>
>I noticed that, too.  Frex, in ACC when Miles talks about an unusual opportunity to shift power in the CoC with two radical possible changes of Counts in the Council.  Miles made it sounds as if once a Count is allied to party that he's with that party for ever.  It's led to a lot of pondering about conservatism, and change, and what happens inside parties and how quickly it happens.  Which, inevitably, makes me reach for info on the post-War Japanese Diet.

Winston Churchill was first elected to Parliament in 1900, as a Conservative, but crossed the floor to the liberal side in 1904.  He remained a Liberal but lost his election in 1922 or so, and was out of Parliament until winning a by-election as an independent in 1923, then formally rejoined the Conservative party in 1924.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net