[LMB] Titles

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Tue Sep 20 18:03:10 BST 2011

At 06:14 AM 9/20/2011, A. Marina Fournier wrote:
>On Sep 19, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Harimad wrote:
>> One of the proposed titles for US Vice President (at the Constitutional Convention of 1787) was His Superfluousness.
>

>He's the heir--where's the spare? (I know, look at the succession list!)

Actually, unless both a Pres. and a VP die at nearly the same time, the succession list doesn't come into play.  If a VP succeeds to the Presidency, he nominates a new VP and Congress ratifies the nomination.  The Speaker of the House is first on the list, until a new VP is ratified.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net