[LMB] why we still need paper books

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Tue Sep 20 22:50:25 BST 2011

The hard and slow way, however, there are copyright abusers who routinely
scanned and uploaded the text of entire printed books, scanning page after
page after page....

Take the Sony, put it on a scanner, or take a digital image, and take a
picture of each page.  Use optical character recognition/reading, if you;re
picky (otherwise keep the images as images...).  Save the file... you now
have the book electronically in a non-DRM form....