[LMB] 2014 NASFIC and weather

Aruvqan Myers aruvqan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 01:22:27 BST 2011

I have actually found a house plan that I like, without having to
essentially redesign the whole blasted thing ... suited more or less for the
Fresno CA area.

http://www.eplans.com/contemporary_house-plans/HWEPL00426.hwx

It is a bit fabulous 50s, but is very wheelchairable [ I would switch sides
in the master suite, and move the sink to where the little vanity is under
the window so it gives me room for the chair so I can transfer to the
toilet] though we would need to work with the architect to add some sort of
pergola/overhang around the whole thing to shelter the windows, and a
pergola around the pool for shade, and an outdoor kitchen [well actually a
recreation of a Mennonite hearth from Winston Salem area]

I was thinking that the IKEA sort of scandanavian stripped down modern would
be a great look for the place. We would change the hobby space into a prep
kitchen and just do the actual cooking in the tiny central kitchen. No
carpets, all bamboo flooring throughout, and a tile roof and cement walls
instead of stick built. Not that Kerman has forest fire issues, we just like
the look and durability of the style.