[LMB] More attitudes to women in society

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Wed Sep 21 06:35:37 BST 2011

On Sep 20, 2011, at 6:10 AM, quietann wrote:
> Many blond men look great in a pale lavender dress shirt  (one of my
> long-ago bosses made my heart go pitter-pat whenever he wore his
> lavender shirt...)

My French literature prof in college would wear a black turtleneck/mock turtle under a Black Watch jacket. It was to yum, but he bats for the other side.

> My husband, who has silver-black hair, more silver
> than black these days, also looks good in a different sort of
> lavender, more grayish and saturated.

My husband was blond in early childhood, but he and I are silver and black haired these days. His mother, who lives with us, had lighter brown hair which is now snow white. Arthur's hair is merely dark brown.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
It is high time that we stopped thinking politically as Republicans and Democrats about elections and started thinking patriotically as Americans about national security based on individual freedom. It is high time that we all stopped being tools and victims of totalitarian techniques — techniques that, if continued here unchecked, will surely end what we have come to cherish as the American Way of Life.

Margaret Chase Smith (1897-1965) American politician (US Senator, Maine)
“Declaration of Conscience,” Congressional Record, vol. 96, 81st Congress, 2d. sess. (1 Jun 1950)