[LMB] OT: Why we still need paper books

Harimad harimad2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 13:36:50 BST 2011

AMF> On Wed, 9/21/11, A. Marina Fournier <saffronrose at me.com> wrote:
AMF> I, too, am a compulsive reader. I have made some nervous
AMF> because I wanted to read the text on their t-shirt.

Then why wear a t-shirt with text on it?  I never understood that.  Unless one is poor enough to have to wear what is available, or gifted to one, etc.

AMF> My MiL is getting daily headaches while her brain wiring is
AMF> getting adjusted to the newly repaired eye. It's driving her
AMF> nuts, because it seems to be triggered by her reading time.

She has my full sympathy!  When I got a corneal ulcer I couldn't read for a couple of days, then had a patch on the injured eye and could only read with the other one, which gave me headaches.  It was the longest week in my life.  (This was before audiobooks so I don't know if that would have helped.  Probably not.)

- Harimad