[LMB] Why we still need paper books

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 16:44:13 BST 2011

On the other hand, literacy was wide-spread (don't have stats handy) during the Golden Age of the Anglo-Saxon era (900-1000 CE). Books were written in Anglo-Saxon as well as Latin. A lot of them were romances, although religiously themed (just about everything was religiously themed in those days, I understand.)

-becca

There are nine and sixty ways of constructing tribal lays
And every single one of them is right!
--Rudyard Kipling