[LMB] The Vor Game now up in e-UK

Ed Burkhead ed at edburkhead.com
Wed Sep 21 19:44:43 BST 2011

I wish ALL the omnibus volumes had this kind of description on the sales
websites AT THE VERY BEGINNING OF THE PRODUCT DESCRIPTION SECTION:

The Vor Game (novel version)
THIS VOLUME CONTAINS:
	"Mountains of Mourning" (a novella)
	"Labyrinth" (a novella)
	"Borders of Infinity" (a novella)
	Along with 'container' text tying them together to be sort of a
novel.
	ALL THESE ARE SOLD SEPERATELY - check if you already own them.

The novella Mountains of Mourning is about . . .
The novella Labyrinth is about . . .
The novella Borders of infinity is about . . .
 _______________________________________

Miles Errant (omnibus volume)
THIS VOLUME CONTAINS:
	"Borders of Infinity" (a novella)
	Brothers in Arms (a novel)
	Mirror Dance (a novel)
	ALL THESE ARE AVAILABLE SEPERATELY AS E-BOOKS AND
	AND SOME ARE AVAILABLE SEPARATELY AS PAPER VOLUMES

The novella "Borders of Infinity" is about . . .
In the novel Brothers in Arms, Miles and the Dendarii arrive on Earth only
to find . . .
In the novel Mirror Dance, Mark takes over a portion of the Dendarii
Mercenaries and . . .
 _______________________________________

And so forth.  Ideally, the explanation should be first, before the details
of the inclusions.

I would also prefer to know where each should fall in the internal
chronological reading order.  I waste an annoying amount of time
determining, with other series, which one to read next.  I can see the
downside of listing this in the title as people might pass on the sale since
they're not looking at #1 in the series.  Perhaps a note such as:

	Though this omnibus volume would be Omnibus #4 if read
	you read within the series.
	[This, fortunately, applies to all Lois's books and stories.]

JMHO

Ed