[LMB] The Vor Game now up in e-UK

Michael R N Dolbear m.dolbear at lineone.net
Thu Sep 22 01:33:41 BST 2011

> From: Lois McMaster Bujold <lbujold at myinfmail.com>
> Date: 21 September 2011 15:15
>
> I see _The Vor Game_ e-book finally popped up in Amazon UK's Kindle
> store -- iPad store as well, though I haven't gone hunting there.

> All of these titles are in need of UK reader reviews.
>
> I now have the interesting dilemma of whether to put up the "novel"
> version of _Borders of Infinity_ (with frame story).  I already have
the
> novellas up separately.  Sure as shooting, some careless purchaser
would
> buy duplicates, and then be unhappy, no matter what we slather on the
> covers in the way of "contains".  On the other hand, it would be a nice

> package to have available...

Go right ahead - the completests will be pleased anyway.

And it appears that your backbrain has already accepted the principle,
now that the selection includes both "Weatherman" (with a warning in the
description) and _The Vor Game_

I see two typos in the titles (say that fast) with one 'Vorkosigan
Series' and one 'Vorkosigan Daga'. Perhaps 'Vorkosigan Saga Story' for
the shorts would be better ?

It seems to be possible to post "Book Extras" about a series via Amazon's
Shelfari.com - see DW's A Mighty Fortress for an example - which then
appear as a link in the book's description in the Kindle store.  "Book
Extras" for 'Vorkosigan Saga' and TSK would be good.

It would also be a good idea if the Amazons would arrange your Kindle
editions to appear under the paper title as another format, just as
audiobooks do.

Does anyone know how to arrange for this to happen ?

Michael Dolbear,
Little Egret in Walton-on-Thames