[LMB] OT: Re: Handedness and birth hair color

Bert Ricci razenna at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 22 05:04:41 BST 2011

My mother thought she might have been born to be left handed, but was taught to use her right when she was too young to remember.  She wa ambidextrous in the sense that some things she did left handed, although mostly she used her right.  I think the dexterity with her left hand helped her play the violin, and to some extent the piano.  When I was growing up, none of the knives in our kitchen had "right" handles, and I'm still more comfortable with the ones with straight handles, some of which I now have are ones I got from my mother, who got them from her grandmother.

Interesting to hear of someone who was born blond, and hair turned dark.  I was born with black hair, so long the nurses gave me a fingerwave when my mother took me home, but when I was about six months old, it fell out and came back very light blond. (I have the pictures to prove it.)  Personally, I envy the people with dark hair, they usually turn a beautful silver gray as they age.  I am just sort of a yellow gray at 77, and don't expect it to get much lighter.  Silver shampoos are a blessing for people like me, they keep our hair from looking dirty.

    Carol Gray-Ricci