[LMB] More attitudes to women in society

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Thu Sep 22 04:23:10 BST 2011

On Sep 21, 2011, at 6:45 AM, Howard Brazee wrote:
> At first glance, it would seem that devices that require the use of two hands wouldn't matter much.

Sometimes it depends on which hand is going to do better at which end of the instrument. I did not have my dulcimer (which I have yet to learn. Why do teachers say, Just mess around, you'll get the fingering. If I could do that, I wouldn't need a teacher, would I?) strung differently, but I'd rather keep all my fingernails the same length, instead of one hand's nails at the quick, and the other hand's 3/8" beyond.

A. Marina Fournier
SaffronRose at me.com
We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.

Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900) German philosopher and poet          (Attributed)