[LMB] Ezar - - the hand he was dealt

BOB!! robtjwms at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 22 15:30:29 BST 2011

--- On Thu, 9/22/11, Judy R. Johnson <jrj at fidalgo.net> wrote:

> I do wonder if Ky Tung ever realized that the reason that
> retreat was so
> classic was that Aral knew long in advance that there would
> have to be one.
> Big difference from most retreats.

Proper planning *should* take the possibility of needing to retreat into account.  That said, a lot of things that *should* be done sometimes get less attention because they aren't the interesting or cool parts of planning.  The Escobar retreat had a huge advantage of having the best military strategist in charge of the withdrawal planning.

Regards,

BOB!!