[LMB] OT: sort-of -- Internet/computer access for the poor

Pat Mathews mathews55 at msn.com
Thu Sep 22 16:00:16 BST 2011

And one electronic device instead of umpteen million textbooks would certainly save money for everyone in the long run. The problem I see with bullies is that these devices are more easily destroyed than textbooks, and I can see the bullies smashing the kid's reader for fun. Especially if the kid goes to a different school than the bullies. Other than that -- if everyone has one, well, maybe someone's no-good cousin or whatever might steal it and try to sell it for drugs, but what would he get for it? Pennies?

http://idiotgrrl.livejournal.com/