[LMB] rural power/phone/cable lines

anmar Caver anmar.mirza at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 04:47:42 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 11:36 PM, <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Well, there's solar off-grid, and there's buying a gas powered
> generator, and there's how much you spend on panels or batteries.
> EU1000i claims to be a kilowatt gasoline generator for about $1000.
> Sounds cheaper than big power plants...
>
> They can't be advertised for as cheap as you can get them for (Honda sets
the minimum advertised price).  I got mine from Mayberry's for $700, and the
EU2000is (I've owned 3 thus far, killed one, have two for redundancy) for
$900 delivered.

Yeah, one can set up simple solar for a light or two and a little power for
a radio and maybe charge a laptop for a few hundred bucks.  I *like* modern
conveniences, so I opt to pay more.

--
Anmar Mirza EMT, N9ISY, NCRC National Coordinator,
 Owner Lost Creek Packs, blog.myspace.com/anmarmirza