[LMB] OT: Re: Handedness (and a lot about knitting)

Mori phoenix at ravinglunatix.org
Fri Sep 23 14:15:44 BST 2011

I am largely  left-handed as well, though again with a few things I do right-handed, or ambidextrously. I bowl (on the rare occasion that I do) switching off between hands, though I'm not terribly good either way. In fact, most sports I will switch off between hands to see which is better. I knit Continental, going the standard left-to-right. I've tried English, and can't wrap my head around the extra moves, so I tend to just stick with what works for me. I crochet left-handed. Spinning uses both pretty equally, though if I'm using a drop spindle, it gets spun with my right hand. I use utensils/knives the same way Harimad does, though hand tools I will switch between hands, depending on the task and other contortions needed to complete it. I wear my watch on my left wrist. I love my left-handed sewing shears, because it means they get extra not-used-by-anyone-else.

~Mori