[LMB] OT: Re: Handedness (and a lot about knitting)

Harimad harimad2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 19:01:16 BST 2011

H> Harimad said:
H> "In theory Continental should be more efficient because
H> the yarn and needles both move less.  In practice there
H> doesn't seem to be a difference for an experienced knitter."

>--- On Sat, 9/24/11, Rachel <anglerfish at gmail.com> wrote:
R> Really? Maybe I'm just really bad English style, but I
R> can't imagine how it could be as fast as Continental. Even
R> if I were really good at English, I'd still have to lift my
R> index finger.

Strange, isn't it?  But true.  It seems that practice effect outweighs the other effects.  I remember one situation comparing adults twins, one learned English the other Continental[1]; they knit at the same speed.

Go figure.

- Harimad

[1] The story didn't say how that happened.  Maybe they had different nannies?