[LMB] OT: Re: Handedness and birth hair color

Jelbelser jelbelser at comcast.net
Sat Sep 24 02:35:28 BST 2011

On Sep 23, 2011, at 10:26 AM, Kevin Kennedy wrote:

> My right eye also needs more correction with my glasses, and I'm right handed. I wonder if a dominant left eye/righthandedness contributed to my poor hand/eye coordination for things like badminton ping pong, tennis, etc. Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses to be unathletic. I can swim and ride a bike. I need to get my bike out, someday.
>

>> When I took a range safety course that involved shooting, I discovered
>> that my right hand is dominant (well I knew that) but my left eye is
>> dominant.  I sort of knew that because the right eye requires much more
>> correction.  Interesting though.
>>
>> Alison

I'm right handed but left eyed, even though my left eye needs twice the correction that my right needs. I could only tell left from right when I was a little kid by seeing which hand moved (the right) when I pretended to pledge allegiance ( a USA flag ritual that used to begin school days). Even as an adult sometimes I have to think about it.  My family knows not to trust me if I say to turn left or right, but that I'm accurate if I'm pointing.

Janet in TN