[LMB] OT: HANDEDNESS

Alexandra Haropulos aharo at erols.com
Sat Sep 24 16:57:24 BST 2011

On 9/24/2011 9:38 AM, William A Wenrich wrote:
> If you are going to use mountains as a directional reference it helps
> if they are a little farther away. -

Yes! Got lost in Pasadena once trying to find my way back to the hotel
by dead reckoning (aka, total ignorance). I was fortunate enough to stop
in a well-lighted gas station (in a very bad area) and get courteous
and clear instructions from a tattooed, pierced Anglo. God watches out
for fools and children.

When I really got confused was driving in the Imperial Valley. "There
can't be mountains to the west, that's where the Pacific is!"

And for me, the ocean will always be to the east. Or, even "up to the
sea" like Xenophon.

I was thinking about the expression "the other left" this morning.
Language is so much fun because it has to try and keep up with the brain.

Alex H